Monday, July 21, 2014

Mission Organization - More Organization Containers

When it comes to the digital life, I'm big on organization. I love things neat and orderly in separate folders designated by a combination of words and digits. Organization in my classroom has been a challenge. My classes are lively; many times we work in groups and there is movement everywhere. As the year passes, my room gets more unorganized. This school year, I'm determined to put an organization system in place that lasts the entire year. For my students, that means at least 70% of their work will find a home in their interactive math notebooks. For me, that means making a place for everything we use on a consistent basis. It also means creating a great and inviting classroom atmosphere full of color.

My theme for the year is flower-based. I don't have a title yet, but I have a color scheme. Last week, I displayed my mid-sized containers. This week, I want to share my smaller containers. I found them at my favorite dollar store.


You won't find these storage container treasures in the school supply aisle. They are actually snack and sandwich containers. What I like about them is that both sides snap open. I already have erasers, push pins, and paper clips in them.


The snack containers are 2 for $1.00 and the sandwich containers at $1.00 a piece. It's a pretty good deal for a useful storage piece.

Happy organizing!

No comments: