Thursday, October 29, 2015

Words We Know, Words to Grow!

I've been thinking of a new way to present information on my word walls. I really want my word walls to be interactive, a place where students can visit and actively learn important terms and meanings. So, I tried "Words We Know, Words To Grow." When I introduce new terms to my students, I give them sticky notes and ask them to list the words they know on one sticky note and words they need to learn (words to grow) on the other sticky note. Then, they post them on the word wall. This allows me to focus on the words to grow as we implement the lesson. As students learn the words, they can return to the word wall and move their sticky notes. It has worked so far; I'm hoping to incorporate more interactive word wall ideas soon! 

No comments: